- (About the V8CG “Bonneville” just before ordering his own custom “Winfield” model) Man that is cool! And it plays like a dream!!
- (About his “Botafogo Special” Bonneville) He built for me a guitar based on the Botafogo (1917 Fiat Race car). How cool is that?!? These are beautiful guitars. It’s really terrific to see you have the best of both worlds!
- (About Jay Leno’s “Botafogo Special” Bonneville) The sound of a great instrument is what it sounds like acoustically. You hear the sustain and this sounds really good! This plays very, very nice! It’s one thing to make a guitar pretty, it’s another thing to make it sound good. Those are the kind of things I look for. This is a really, really, fine crafted instrument!
- (About the V8CG “Bonneville) Super cool guitar! Great neck, very easy to play and super comfortable. It seems like something from another era, ‘50s style but adapted to the taste of what people are looking for today. It’s been a good 10 years I’ve been a client of V8 Custom Guitars and I’m super satisfied, never been disappointed. We’ve worked on many projects together and I’m having him build me another custom. I would definitely use this in studio and for live shows!
- (About the V8CG “Bonneville”) It’s total quality! It’s absolutely a hot rod! I plugged it in, and I use Strats with stacked humbucking pickups, and this has way more output than my Strat. The Radiator P90s are hot! Beautiful, I love it, it’s great! The craftsmanship is impeccable. The neck feels great, it has a slim profile but with a little bit of chunk. Well thought out. A player’s guitar. I’ve got pedals on and it’s dead quiet! This would be great for studio, I wouldn’t hesitate at all. No hums, no buzzes, no noise. Beautiful.
- (About the V8CG “Bonneville”) That’s an amazing guitar! I fell in love with it. The craftsmanship is WOW! I grab the neck and the sustain is right there. For touring, it’s one of the main pieces I’m gonna take, light weight, and studio wise there’s no hum. It’s so versatile you can play everything with it. It’s incredible for me!
- (About her “Altered Collection” Danelectro Custom Tenor) OH MY GOD I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's delicious!!
- I am a performer, musician, composer/producer and teaching, with more than 20 years professional experience. During those years, I have encountered many artists, managers, agents and technicians, throughout my travels. One of my best discoveries ever, was finding Apostolis of V8 Custom Guitars. Along with his amazing artistry to maximize your tone and playability, his service and integrity is the best I have ever known. Apostolis gives you nothing but his best,
Thanks Spanky, you are worth your weight in gold!!!!
Graham Ronne - "Preachin' Blues" and "CultureDef"
- …so when I came back, I sat back and took a calm look at the job (on the “Altered Collection “custom orange Gretsch with tangerine pearl, and metal flake flames, TV Jones pickups…) and wanted to say thanks again for extra care like the fretboard clean up, polished frets, adjusting the rosewood bridge.....
Can't wait to show it to my friends and musicians. Everybody will know that you’re the best!
I'll call you in a near future for some other stuff and until then, take care and keep the good work!
Benoit Tapin - Lead guitarist for Spacebillys
- (In regards to his recently purchased “Ruby” Kustom Gretcsh) Man, you build it right! My guitar (a stock, new Eddie Cochran model Gretsch) just isn’t cutting it… this guitar plays really nice, it’s got great tone!
- "Before getting my guitar set up by Apostolis at V8 Custom Guitars, I was a merely just satisified with how she played and sounded. Now that's she been tweaked to my liking, she sounds like she never did before. The much improved tone has helped me get the sound that makes a Gretsch sounds like it's supposed to. Being a lead guitarist, I'm very particular about how I sound and how easily it is for me to deliver that sound - thanks to the action adjustment, bridge and replacement, my Gretsch now sounds and plays just the way I want it too. Job well-done and highly recommended!
- “The frets play so easy. Really hot tone!” (After using “Ruby” at the Red Hot and Blue in Montreal)
- The Flying Vs fretboard feels great man, smooth! A1 job ma'man!
- “Thanks so much for the great work on my guitars last week! Very quick turn-around time and incredible results...my Seagull has never sounded so good plugged in, and unplugged it rings forever. Haven't gigged the Epiphone yet, but getting some great tones out of it at home.”
- One thing that I've found at V8 custom guitars that I've never found elsewhere is, this guy actually cares. It’s rare to find a business that actually cares about your budget and actually tries to get you the best for your dollar. V8 Custom Guitars actually takes the time to listen to all, and when I say all, I mean "ALL" my questions and concerns. Since I've been bringing my intruments to V8 Custom Guitars I really feel that customization is the key to having a quality instrument.